Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dad's Visit

Last week, Shom and I were visited by my Dad! Here are a few photos of our time together:
---
Day 1: Dad comes to work with us! That day, work consisted of a nutrition workshop in a village called Nueva Providencia.
---
Me, interviewing moms before their children are weighed and measured.
---
Shom, listening to some lungs...
---
Dad makes friends with a village kid, Rodolfo.
---
Dad got to meet our host family, as well as some of the kids in the neighborhood (from left: Adelson, Jessica, Vanessa, Wicho, and Lucia)
---
We spent two days in Panajachel, enjoying the wonderful lake view.
---
We also spent two days in Antigua, the colonial capital of the Spanish in Central America.
---
At a Cuban restaurant-bar in Antigua, listening to some live Salsa!
---
The band (and the dancers!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had such a great time !!!
Thanks for inviting me !!!
Love
Dad

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing - I'm glad you have had a couple of fantastic visitors!
Much love,
Becca

Anonymous said...

Hi Elena, I am your cousin, Cleo, and I've really enjoyed seeing the pictures of you and Shom (as well as your Dad) in Guatemala. You are doing such a good thing for "humanity". I am proud to be your cousin!!
xoxocleo